Excited to be among the many amazing artists that will be exhibiting their work at the FCA’s All Things Spring Show and Sale. It is a juried show and am proud to have each of my five paintings accepted. I will be attending till around noon on Saturday. Can’t wait to see you there.
This year I will be participating at the Leighton Art Centre’s Christmas in the Country Art Sale 2015! The sale will be open for two weekends in November.
November 7th & 8th, November 14th & 15th.
- Gorgeous new art and beautiful decorations line the historic Leighton home this Christmas! Come buy a special gift for your loved ones at this annual sale.
- Free Admission & Complimentary Festive Treats!
- Open 10am – 4pm Daily (Closed Monday)
Here is one of the paintings that will be available.
no images were foundDirections From Calgary
- South on Macleod Trail or Deerfoot Trail to Stoney Trail SE / Highway 201 (formerly Spruce Meadows Trail / Marquis of Lorne Trail / Highway 22X)
- West on Stoney Trail SE to 37 Street SW / 96 Street W (Watch for Leighton Art Centre signage)
- Turn Left (South) at 37 Street SW / 96 Street W and proceed 4.7 km to the 4-way stop (Red Deer Lake Meats)
- Turn Right (West) on 226 Avenue (at 4-way stop) 1.6 km
- Turn Left (South) on 112 Street (4 km)
- Turn Right (West) on 266 Avenue (4.5 km) – 266 Avenue is a winding secondary road, which brings you to a T-intersection (3-way stop) at the Red School House (Leighton Education Centre).
- Public Parking is available ONLY at the Leighton Art Gallery and Museum entrance, 100 yards South of the Education Centre Studios.
Really pleased to be participating in ArtUp Calgary again this year. The Calgary Tower is a wonderful venue to host such a great event. Please click on the link below to by your early bird tickets. Looking forward to seeing you there.
ArtUp is nearly here!!!
19th November 5pm – 9pm
… Get your tickets here https://www.getqd.com/artup/
And help support some of Calgary’s artists. It’s a great energetic evening and a great way to spice up your week!
I am excited to invite you to attend the Mad About Art Show and Sale that the Federation of Canadian Artists is hosting on October 24th, 2015. There will be a number of incredible artists there showing and selling there beautiful work.
When: October 24, 2015 10am – 4pm
Where: Edgemont Community Centre, 33 Edgevalley Circle NW
I am the Newest Guest artist at Just Imajan Art Gallery and Studio in Cochrane, Alberta!
I drove out to see Janet on Thursday and dropped off 3 paintings to her. My newest piece “Mom’s Favourite” is a piece that I am very excited about! This was the first Acrylic piece I have painted in about 2 years. I was excited to paint on the birch board and was thrilled with the outcome. I love this piece, there is something so romantic and ageless about it. “Mom’s Favourite” really feels like me, it represents a part of who I am.
Janet also decided to keep a few of my other favourites!
“Beauty”, this one was a slow labour of love! “Beauty” was a rose from an arrangement I received for my birthday! The colour was so incredible that I had to paint it! Little did I know how difficult a perfect rose was to paint. It took me many hours but I finally captured what I felt was the essence and beauty of it.
The final piece is “Garden’s Edge”, my poppy painting!! Red is my favourite colour and the Red Poppy is my favourite flower. I love poppies so much that I am always intrigued enough to come back and paint them again! The Red Poppy has become an international symbol. The Red Poppy represents strength, remembrance, freedom, and resilience. It is not surprising why this flower is my favourite!
If you want to see these lovely pieces, please drive out to Cochrane and take a look. Just Imajan Art Gallery and Studio is located at Bay #3, 320 – 1 Street West, Cochrane, Alberta
Nadine Johnson “Beauty” Oil 12″ x 12″
Yesterday was the Absolutely Art Show and Sale held by the Federation of Canadian Artists. I was really pleased and honoured to be showing with such an amazing group of artists. It was a good day from the start, seeing as how it was my birthday I think luck was on my side and I sold a very nice painting called Storms A Brewing!! A friend of mine that I went to school with years ago took the picture of that sky and it was incredible!! I asked her if I could paint it and the rest is history!! I am excited and look forward to participating in more Art Shows and Sales with the Federation of Canadian Artists! Watch for our upcoming shows in the Fall.
Mad About Art – October 24, 2015
All Things Spring – March 12, 2016
See you there! Nadine